The Search Process
How the Process Works
1. Establishing Search Criteria
- Our first step is to meet with the Hiring Authority and
Human Resources Department to establish the criteria to
evaluate potential candidates who meet your company's specific
needs, culture and work environment. Our objective is to
develop a profile of the "Right Fit" for your
2. Research Target Companies
- Depending upon the complexity of the search, our firm will
develop a list of companies which have the highest probability
of employing a candidate of the caliber your company seeks.
Since our firm consists of specialists within your industry,
we are able to quickly identify these companies.
- Our staff quickly canvasses all of the matches from our
research as well as candidates from our extensive data base.
The canvassing process involves extensive networking,
utilizing a national network of 23 firms and key executives
within your industry.
4. Candidate Interview/Matching
- Our experienced staff is trained to obtain in-depth
information from candidates to evaluate each candidate for
work history, accomplishments, approach to management,
interests, personal qualities and other criteria. We weigh
this information and match this to the Search Criteria we
5. Presentation of Qualified Candidates
- We present only qualified candidates who meet or exceed your
requirements. Traditionally, 3 to 5 qualified candidates are
presented. This is accomplished in 3 to 10 days upon
acceptance of your Search Assignment.
6. Candidate/Client Interviews
- Our staff coordinates all interviews. We obtain feedback
throughout the process. We ensure that professional contact is
maintained and that the prospective candidate's interest level
- We contact all appropriate immediate supervisors to obtain
an in-depth evaluation of each finalist. We evaluate relevant
criteria specific to each position based on the original
8. Negotiate and Present Offer
- We are a resource to our client companies. We provide
sensitive salary and benefit criteria prior to offer
presentation. We assist as needed, present the offer to the
selected candidate and ensure a successful completion to the
- Once an offer is accepted, we follow through with the
candidate. This includes assistance in "giving proper
notice," working as a liaison with your company and
following up after the employee starts.
Our Recruitment Standards
- We meet or exceed the standards of the National Associations
of Personnel Service.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy that
all decisions affecting employment and /or placement are made
without regard to an individualís race, creed, color,
religion, marital status, age, sex, national origin or other
protected classifications under Federal or State law. It is
the policy of Executive Referral Services, Inc., in serving
our clients, to recruit and present the most qualified
candidates who meet the specific needs of our clients' search
- We are often requested to recruit candidates who reflect the
diverse requirements of our clients. It is our policy to
actively recruit all qualified individuals who meet our
clients' needs while complying with all Federal and Local
- We do not code or maintain statistics on candidates based on
any of the above criteria.
- We have established a "Hands Off" policy for all
clients for which our firm has performed search work. Simply
put, we will not recruit any individual from a client for
which we have completed an assignment.
- We represent only the interest of our client companies:
- All candidate employment records, qualifications and
salary history will be reported as accurately as possible.
- All confidential information relating to your business
will only be utilized in relation to your search and will be
- References are checked at our client's request, and a
written report is provided utilizing direct quotes from
- Confidentiality is maintained on all assignments.
What Sets Us Apart from the Rest...
The industry average for mid to upper level management search
is in excess of 120 days. Retained search firms complete less than
65% of their assignments. Most contingency firms complete less
than 20% of their assignments. At Executive Referral
Services, Inc. . . .
- Our average assignment is completed in less than
60 days. In the majority of our assignments, we
have identified the selected candidate within the first 10
- Our typical client averages 5 searches with our company per
year. Our average client has been with us for over 4 years,
many for over 8 years.
- We are paid for results. We take
pride in completing over 80% of contingency searches and 100%
of retained searches.